Wednesday, November 10, 2010

buwahaha. I win!

Got the boy to try WoW. More accurately, I bought him the battlechest with vanilla/bc. He, in turn, decided to buy a new laptop.

After a long install, we finally got the recruit-a-friend thing set up. And that was the start of awesomeness. 300% xp, regardless of whether we're rested or now. My heirlooms seem to work on top of that, but I'm not using the shoulders/chest because I don't want to outlevel him.

He told me that he wanted to be a battlemage - a caster that could also melee. Sounded like an enhancement shaman to me, so he rolled a shaman (and then proceded to go elemental, but whatever. He seems to like it.) I wasn't sure what to roll, but I figured that a tank/healer would always be welcome, so I made a Prot Pally. /gasp

I made a pally a ways back on my old/horde server, and she went holy as soon as possible. Being holy gave me something to do besides autoattack for the first 20 levels. Ugh, old pally leveling was teh suck. But now I gotta say, its pretty awesome. Holy power makes sense to me. Mana regeneration attacks make more sense to me. Having kickass relevant talents available at level 10 is freaking fantastic.

The leveling/talent system + recruit-a-friend bonus + a tank/healer + dps/healer  is making leveling  a breeze. In about 1.5 hours today we got 4 levels. Absolutely insane.

WIN

No comments:

Post a Comment