Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Frustrated

Patch 4.0.1 started out so sweet. Shiny new talents, runeforging, mastery, new mechanics, cooldowns and abilities. And the new graphics, especially the water! /swoon

Then I (and just about every other WoWer out there) realized that Blizzard had given us a buggy patch that never should have seen the light of day.  I understand Blizzard's idea behind rolling it out - giving us a chance to get used to our new abilities before Cata rolls out. Which I appreciate, I really do. But quite frankly, it wasn't ready. Here are just a couple things that are bothering me

  • Mousing over things should not make my computer go on strike
  • Nameplates are not consistently showing up for some reason.  In a group of five mobs, one will have a nameplate, two might have it flash up occasionally, and the remaining two never have a plate over their head
    • If using the default UI, this can be fixed using the following macro: /console bloattest 1. I found this solution on the wow forums
  • Why should anyone bother bringing a feral dps to the raid? Wolves give the Leader of the Pack buff, Paladins and drums can overwrite MotW with Kings, and Rebirth now triggers a 30 minute cooldown which affects all druids in the raid group. Innervate only gives 20% of my base mana (which means I can donate 1400 mana, so...yay?). They've taken away almost all our utility, and I hate it.
  • I know not everyone pvps, but please, oh please, oh please do something about Mages. I got hit for 30k (I have 29.5k health) while in full Relentless.  I would understand it more if I wasn't decently geared but....yeah. Battlegrounds are not even fun when you're a one hit kill.
  • I like how hunter pets brings buffs now. I don't like (or understand) how a hunter pet can bring a buff just as powerful as a regular character.  For example, hyenas have Tendon Rip, which is the equivalent of a feral Druid's Mangle. Tendon Rip increases damage taken from bleed effects by 30% for 15 sec.  Yes, it only lasts 15 seconds, but the cool down is a mere 10 seconds, which means they can keep it up at all times. Why/how are Hunter pets able to mimic trademark class abilities? I know spirits beasts have an ability similar to Death Knight's Horn of Winter, and there are probably more examples. I am fine with a hyena's Tendon Rip causing targets to take maybe 20% more bleed damage, but just makes no sense for them to brings buffs as strong as a full toon, unless perhaps they are a beast mastery pet.
On a good note...Skull Bash makes me a very happy feral. As does my Sinister Squashling FINALLY dropping on Eva :D  I also ground through Skyguard rep in about a day, making enough money on the way to buy all of the mounts plus the pet.

I just wish Blizz had waited a little longer for this patch. There really is nothing for me to do till Cataclysm except farm. I'm seriously considering taking a break off until either 1) Cata comes out, or 2) the bf buys a computer and WoW so I can level some lowbies with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment